Is it time?
Now it gets exciting! If you’re planning on proposing soon let us help guide you through all of your engagement ring options. We’ll help you figure out what’s most important to you and provide you with our expertise on all things jewellery.
When we meet someone for the first time we chat about things like ring design, materials, timeline and budget. Questions like this:
- Is the ring a surprise?
- Have you gotten any input on design or stone preferences?
- Do you have any existing metal or stones to re-use in a new ring?
- Do you know the ring size?
As noted above, first we get together to chat about your ideas. From there we’re able to provide you with a quote based on what we discussed during out meeting. Once we receive a deposit we’ll start on the details of the design and gathering the materials. A custom project is non-returnable because the materials sourced and the design created are very specific. Due to the highly individualized nature of custom engagement rings we are unable to accept them as returns. We make sure that you’re involved with very detailed sketches, images and models each step of the way so that you are confident in the final product before proceeding to the final finishing. We don’t move ahead to the next step until we get you’re approval.
Now, non-returnable does not mean you have no re-course if you haven’t nailed the design. We can most certainly re-work the design, metal and gemstones into a new ring that is 100% what they want for an additional cost. Once in a while this can happen if the ring is a surprise but it’s quite rare. Luckily metal and gemstones don’t go bad so they can always be re-used again!
If it is a surprise there are a few things you may not know like the ring size (see here for how to get it) or design preference. Or if you come in armed with this information already then great – we’ll get started right away! If you don’t know, here is how we can make it easier for you.
Making it Easier
Some possible scenarios:
- You both come together to chat about design ideas & stone preferences. Sometimes we continue to keep both partners involved in the design process and other times one partner elects to remove themselves from the process so there will be a bit more of a surprise at the end. The benefit of this scenario is that we all know we are on the same page and very confident that the final ring will be loved by all!
- You know what you want but aren’t sure it’s what your partner wants. We can design your idea together as a ‘sample ring’ and make it in sterling silver and cubic zirconia with minimal cost. If all is good then we can proceed to creating the design in more precious materials. A sterling silver sample ring can be made for as little as $395, $200 of which would be used as credit towards the real thing. It is here that we can also make changes to ensure the design is exactly what they want!
- You have an idea but are not sure if they will love it, you select a sample ring from one of our cases and present it. They love it because it comes from you but would rather have a different ring. You and your partner come back in to design the ring together with one of our designers and the cost of the original ring you purchased is applied as a credit toward the new ring.
- You have no idea what to do for a design. We source a stone of your preference, put it in a nice box and you can use the loose gemstone to propose. This is a great option if you’re planning on proposing soon. Afterwards you both come in together to design the perfect ring. Also, even if the stone isn’t the right one we are still able to exchange it for another as long as the stone has not been set in a ring. You may think that not many people propose this way but it’s actually a pretty stress-free solution when you really don’t know what to do. Take it from us, two of us here were proposed to with loose stones!
Here to help
Remember, we’re always here to help answer any of your questions. If you’re planning on proposing soon and done some research online that research can seem overwhelming and possibly contradictory. We’re here to help guide you through all of this information with our expertise and open approach.
Ready to get started? Have a question? Get in touch with us and find out all you need to know!
Photo credit at top: Jennifer Xu Photography